How to Connect Apple CarPlay® to Your Mazda
Recently owned a new Mazda but not sure how to stay connected with devices or apps while on the roads? We’ve got you covered! Apple CarPlay™ allows Mazda drivers to access useful apps through the MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system while driving. Continue reading this Bill Alexander’s Flightline Mazda blog post to learn how to connect Apple CarPlay® to your Mazda!
Basic Requirements to Set-Up Apple CarPlay®
- An iPhone 5 or above
- Latest iOS version
- An Apple Lightning® to USB cable or a high-quality
Related Content: How to Use MAZDA CONNECT™ Voice Commands
Guide to Connect Apple CarPlay® to a Mazda
Accessing Apple CarPlay® Using the Commander Control
- Once connected, press and HOLD the Home button on the Commander control
- Tilt the Commander knob forward to highlight the Apple CarPlay icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Mazda Connect™ home screen
- Press down on the knob to select the icon, or rotate the Commander knob to select “Applications,” then select “Apple CarPlay”
Available Apps on the Apple CarPlay®
- Google Maps
- Waze Navigation & Live Traffic
- TomTom GO Navigation
- iHeart: Radio, Music, Podcasts
- TuneIn Radio
- Zoom Cloud Meetings
More Related Content for You: How to Turn Off the Radio in Mazda Vehicles
Test Drive Mazda Vehicles That Have Apple CarPlay® in Yuma, AZ!
At Bill Alexander’s Flightline Mazda, the Apple CarPlay® technology is available on the 2021 Mazda CX-30, 2021 Mazda CX-5, 2021 Mazda CX-9, 2021 Mazda MX-5 Miata, 2021 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF, 2021 Mazda3, and 2021 Mazda6. To learn more about this technology by yourself, call us at 866-949-5707 or visit our showroom to schedule a test drive!